David G Davies places first UK order for new DAF XF
David G Davies & Sons in Glossop has placed the first order for a new, uprated DAF XF 4x2 tractor unit, as launched alongside its DAF CF stablemate at the CV Show last week.
Delivery of the new model, a 40-tonne XF530 FT with Super Space Cab, is expected in July. The new XF will feature an uprated 530bhp PACCAR MX13 engine, new ZF TraXon gearbox, front axle air suspension and a new Exclusive Line cab-interior specification.
“I was invited to the CV Show by the DAF Dealer, F&G Commercials,” said Director, Chris Davies, “and I just had to have one! The new model looks superb, but the real developments have been made under the cab. Our existing DAFs all perform well, and I’m really excited about seeing this one in action.
“One thing will stay the same,” he said, “and that’s the outstanding back-up I receive from F&G Commercials. The product and dealer support is a perfect fit for my company.”
David G Davies operates nine top-of-the-range DAF units including a recently acquired XF Super Space Cab, while a new 6x2 rear-lift rigid is close to delivery.
The new-model DAF CF and XF rigid and tractor line-up boasts 7% lower fuel consumption thanks to innovations to the PACCAR MX-11 and MX-13 engines, a new ZF TraXon gearbox, new high-efficiency rear axles with faster gear ratios, advanced powertrain software and new cab aerodynamic aids.
Further new developments include a new PACCAR Engine Brake and a new compact Exhaust After Treatment System – all combining to reduce kerb-weight by a significant 100kg. Service intervals are also increased to 200,000km.
For the driver, new trim, a new dashboard layout and new temperature / climate controls further enhance already high levels of comfort, while an Exclusive Line specification provides the ultimate in luxury.
The new DAF models received their global launch at the CV Show last week, unveiled by DAF Trucks President, Preston Feight.
David G Davies – new DAF XF 530 FT – 40-tonne GVW 4x2 tractor
- PACCAR MX-13 530bhp - Front Axle Air Suspension
- New TraXon automated transmission - Super Space Cab
- ZF Retarder & MX Engine Brake - Exclusive Line interior trim
- All LED lights front and rear - ‘Fridge and microwave
- Underbunk drawer and bin - Cornering lights
- Seats, Xtra Leather Air - Alcoa Dura Bright alloy wheels
- Truck Navigation Radio - Truckphone
- DAF Night Lock - Skylights
- Twin alloy fuel tanks - Extra long PLUS catwalk
- Airbag & seat belt pre-tensioners - Axle load monitoring
- Xtra comfort mattress - Ice White cab / red chassis
- Twin air horns - Michelin Super Singles on front axle
Image caption: (left-to-right) Bob Stringer (DAF Dealer, F&G Commercials), Chris Davies (Director, David G Davies) and Martyn Shaw (DAF Trucks Regional Sales Manager).